Wednesday, May 18, 2011

A month behind...

I just realized that I haven't posted about Spiky much recently. To catch you up he had his 6 month well baby check on April 13th. The failure to thrive label was taken off and he was taken off of the high calorie premie formula and is now on regular infant formula. At his 6 month appointment he wieghted 15 lbs and 6 oz. He was only in the 10th percentile on the growth chart; that is a lot better than he was at his appointments before then when he wasn't even on a chart. I took his 6 month pictures. It was the first time I had ever really used props but I think they turned out surprisingly well.



As I have mentioned before Spiky has never really acted like a baby. Ever since he started pulling up on stuff in April he has been trying desperately to walk. He does crawl around quite a bit but only to get to something he can pull up on. He is only 7 months old and I really don't think 7 month olds should be trying to walk. But I guess he can do what he wants. Who says he has to follow the average time line of milestones anyway? He can walk holding on to things a little. Mostly he does it while he is in his crib but has done it holding on to the couch a few times. The other night he pulled up on the couch, let go and tried to walk off. He fell of course and got mad, but it just makes me think he is getting closer and closer to walking. 
I also took a few 7 month pictures this week. I plan on taking a few more this weekend, I have to work at least one shift of overtime, but hopefully I get to take some and get them uploaded! 



No comments:

Post a Comment