Sunday, January 8, 2012

those secret hidden blessings....

you know those little things in life you find to be utterly annoying... like you have a flat tire so you have to find somewhere to air it up and you don't have any quarters but then a nice person walks over and gives you quarters to you can air up your tires, or, you spend your teenage years being all pure and what not because you know the first time you have sex you'll get pregnant; only to find out at 24 that you have PCOS and require months of fertility treatments to get pregnant, or you start a business think you are doing really well only to do your taxes and find out that you actually lost over $500 this year... yeah me either...
So Friday I get ready for work, go out to my car, check my tires (yes I really do that before I get in my car EVERYDAY) and realize that my rear passenger tire is flat, like way omg flat. Luckily there is a gas station a block from my house, so I go in the house find some quarters drive to the gas station put my quarters in the machine and of course the machine is out of order. Its Friday afternoon after 5 the store is super busy so I decide to push my luck and drive 5 1/2 miles to the next store, at the red light old guy and grandson (?) pull up next to me and tell me that my tire is flat. Well duh big red truck... I nodded , thanked them and went on my merry way. Thankfully I made it to the next gas station but I had no more quarters, I refuse to ask people for money because, well idk why, maybe pride or embarrassment, who knows. But while I was frantically searching my car for enough change to make a dollar to go in the store and get changed a nice person stopped and asked if I was ok and gave me quarters to put air in my tires. See there's the hidden blessing.

Tonight I was doing the schedule c part of my taxes. I had really thought that b & b designs had done good this year but I was apparently wrong once I added it all up. However I can honestly say that I gave it my best shot, and that sense of accomplishment is yet again another blessing....
and then we have the Spike, the product of the years of infertility he's not so much a hidden blessing and more an in your face "hi I'm red headed and crazy" blessing.
So don't look for the negatives, look at what the negatives turn into positives and remember that the next time you face a negative head on :)

No comments:

Post a Comment