Wednesday, January 18, 2012

What makes a house a home?

It is time for a vocabulary lesson oh great and you know that its going to be torture fun!
Word one: house noun: a building for human habitation, esp. one that is lived in by a family or small group of people
Word two: home noun: the place where one live permanently, esp. as a member of a family or household

Most people think that these words are interchangeable. Clearly as clear as mud they are not. In my mind a house is just somewhere you eat, sleep, watch tv etc. A home is where you raise your family. 

We have lived in our current house since August of 2008, for starters I don't like it, I've never liked it but it was a place to live. In all this time I have yet to decorate, the walls are the same color as they were when we moved in. There are 4 pictures on the wall, and that has just been in the last year. When we first moved in I decorated the children's bathrooms, there is no theme for bedrooms, our bedroom has curtains that my mom made and those were also put up when we moved in. 
Well a series of unfortunate events has made it so that we are moving. and we are not just moving... We are moving to a HOME! 
In the next few weeks we are moving from our current house to a new home! on one level I feel a little overwhelmed; but on every other level I am totally excited! 
I do feel like we are starting over but in a good way. I actually want to paint and decorate and save the money for a tree house and whatever else. I finally feel like we are going to be somewhere permanent and it is a major relief

No comments:

Post a Comment