Saturday, November 26, 2011

Almond pound cake

Since I had surgery the day before thanksgiving I made my dessert For thanksgiving on Tuesday. I made an almond pound cake. It was the first time I made one that wasn't plain. I think it turned out pretty well. If you want to make this pound cake it is:

2 1/4c all purpose flour
2 1/4c sugar
3 sticks of butter 
7 jumbo eggs
1 capful almond extract
1 capful vanilla extract 

Preheat oven to 325
sift together flour and sugar
add the butter, almond extract and vanilla extract to the mixing bowl. Alternate adding flour/sugar and eggs until all ingredients combined. mix on high for 2 minutes after all ingredients are in the bowl.
Spray bundt pan and add mixture
bake for 1 hr 5 min

the "drizzle" for lack of a better term is in all reality fruit dip.
it is
1 standard package of cream cheese
1 small container of marshmallow cream
1 capful of vanilla.
Whip together, put in a piping bag and drizzle over the cake

This cake I put toasted almonds on top since my grandmother wanted an almond pound cake, generally I don't put any almond flavoring and put mini chocolate chips on top.

No comments:

Post a Comment